Does your company host events throughout the year to encourage team building, strengthen relationships between different departments, and just have some fun outside of work? As the weather gets warmer there are even more opportunities to host unique events, and some can even be more family-friendly than the after work happy hour. No matter how big or small your town is, many of the following events are accessible and affordable to host company-wide or department size events.
· Ropes course. There is nothing quite like being high in the trees and finding out who is and is not scared of heights and how to encourage everyone.
· Water. Canoeing, kayaking, renting a large boat. If you are located near a body of water, there are many fun opportunities to splash.
· Picnic. Who doesn’t have some memory of a picnic during childhood? This can be great for families and also those looking for some friendly competition with games such as bocce, badminton, and frisbee.
· Hiking. Finding a local trail that isn’t too strenuous can be a nice way to enjoy the quiet outdoors with those you usually work indoors with.
· Yoga in the park. More and more cities are starting to host “pop ups” of free yoga, usually sponsored by a big studio.
Whatever it is that gets you outside of your work walls and enjoying the warm weather with your co-workers, it is worth it. Suggest an idea to get outside at your company!